Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My blessings are in abundance

I was afraid of the move to Orem. I was afraid that I was going to have a hard time making friends. So I added my future roommates on facebook- none of which were LDS. One roommate is from Japan, Nagisa, the other is from California, Michelle. Michelle was interested in the church, so I started teaching her while we waited on the missionaries to contact her. I was thinking, well this is going to be fun, at least I will have someone to go to church with. Then I find out she is moving away. Sadness. So she starts interviewing people to buy her contract for the room, and someone decides to take it and she is a RM!! I was so excited! I am happy to know that I will still have someone to study with, and go to church with. I am sure I will learn so much from her! I got to talk to her tonight, and I feel so relieved! 11 weeks is going to drag on because I am excited to leave, but I have gained a group of friends there that I didn't think I would have so quickly. It is amazing how the lord works. His plan is so perfect, and he has made it so easy for me as far as the move goes, thus far! I just can't contain my excitement! This move is going to be amazing, and I know that I am going to learn so much. I will grow spiritually, faithfully, and mentally. I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You are such A BRAVe one Jenna Gay...I would be scared to death to move somewhere by myself you go girl...I have lived in Utah my whole life...But its the Best Place to Be as you will sooooon find out.. and I'm glad you got your new phone... :) Happy Wednesday...ask Brody what I really call Wednesday's.. hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete