Friday, October 22, 2010

I have waited my whole life..

I tend to stay by myself a lot- which leads me to deep thought. I ponder the future, and what it might hold. I become spiritually inclined to study and learn about things to come and things of the past in scripture. I love these little moments that I get, to feel the spirit in abundance. I was watching a video about temples, and the song that was playing in the background was, I Stand in Holy Places. It makes me so happy that I can go to the temple, even just for a small amount of time and be in the house of the lord. It makes me anxious for the events of the future, and so grateful that I am worthy enough to enter such a wonderful place. Once I move to Utah, where a Temple will be so close, I want to try to go weekly. The first time I went, the only time I have went thus far, I was so moved. I rode with a lady from church that has became like family to me, and when we were about to pull in she said, "There's Moroni." I had tears of joy and a happiness that could only come from such an experience. I learned so much while I was there, and I know that I will continue to learn as I frequently attend. Since I joined the church, little things that I didn't understand have became clearer to me, and one thing in particular stood out. A hymn called If You Could Hie to Kolob. Just something about it really touched me, I had a feeling come over me that I had never felt before, and it was almost like a perfectly still voice saying, all is well. I didn't understand the song completely, actually the words kind of confused me, but as I have studied and learned, I have dove into deep doctrine and the song started making more sense. There are still things I need to learn, but I am so excited to be engulfed in the words and teachings of the lord. I am so thankful for the two amazing guys that helped guide me in the right direction- and I guess that is what got me interested in missionary work. To have the opportunity to be a tool in the hands of the lord is amazing. I feel like I have waited my whole life for a truth like I know now. I want to stand at the roof tops and speak to the world about this amazing thing that I have no words for. I am so happy to be in the church, and to gain the friendships I have- to meet the people I have met and to find a family that I feel like I have known my entire life. I love this so much. I love the lord and all his amazing teachings. I am so thankful for the prophet Joseph Smith and the keys he held in the restoration of this amazing Church. I don't know how else to word it- I guess what speaks for me are my tears of joy. My testimony grows stronger and stronger every day, and I know that this is where I am meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment