Sunday, October 17, 2010

Missionary Dreams

I have had this on my mind a while and I feel like it is the right thing to do. I wish my one year mark was already here! But even then, I am not sure if I will be allowed to go on a mission, considering my past: being previously married, and although I was not in the church at the time, I still do not know if I will be allowed. I love missionary work. I have so much respect for the Sisters and Elders that give up their social life to serve the lord. It is absolutely amazing. I know it would be hard to be away from family for 18 months and barely talk to them, but I believe that serving a mission is one of life's greatest opportunities.I have often thought about the move to Utah, and what it will bring into my life.. a husband, children, friends.. and I honestly would not mind putting all of that on hold for the lord. His son gave his life for us, this is a small thing compared to that. It could and more than likely will (if given the chance) be the most uplifting experience of my life. Without missionaries, many people, like myself, would not know of this amazing church, the restored gospel, and the personal relationship that I have with my heavenly father. I don't know if it will ever become a reality, so for now I can only pray, study and hold on to my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment