Thursday, March 29, 2012

Done.

So since I have lived in my new apartment I have been dealing with an issue with my roommates. I loved them as people but their actions broke many of the Honor Code Rules of BYU Approved Housing (which is where I live) After countless times of finding alcohol in the fridge (which if the RA's found out I could get evicted, but not only that blamed for buying underage girls alcohol- which means jail time) I decided to take matters into my own hands. I emailed the Landlord of the apartments.. it goes as follows:


Nina,

Since moving into the Branbury, I have lived in 4 different apartments. One of which I never had roommate issues. The first time was because of a roommate going into my room, lying ect.. the second time was a cleanliness issue.. but never did I think that living in BYU housing I would experience what I am now.

I chose BYU housing because of the LDS standards that are here, however two of my current roommates fail in that area. Here are my concerns:

Day 3 of me being in the hospital for my surgery (2/18) a party was thrown. Alcohol was involved, and not only that the people participating in the drinking were all under age, my two roommates Bella and Morgan both 18, and a roommates friend who was 17. I have 2 witnesses of what happened, one being my other roommate Margari and my Mother, who was staying here while I was recovering and just sleeping in my bed because of a lack of sleeping areas at the hospital. (This was pre approved through the Branbury if there were questions about it)

I do not appreciate alcohol in my apartment, more specifically because of the honor code that was signed by all of us. Now, I am not perfect, but in no way shape or form would I ever allow something like this if I were home. Not only did it break the honor code, the Branburys rules, but it also broke the law.

My roommate Bella, invites her sister over often, and she usually brings alcohol into the apartment. Multiple times I have found an un opened case of beer or other types of alcohol in my fridge. If the cops were to have been called because of the noise from the party, my mother and Margari would have paid the price when neither were involved in any of it.

They risked not just themselves, but myself, Margari and my Mother from getting into trouble with the law and possible eviction.

I have spoke with my Bishop (Bishop Hazen) about the situation already, and he knows about the alcohol in the apartment and the party. I was trying to keep the peace because I was friends with these girls. I am much older than they are, and I would rather just live here and work, because that is what I need, but enough is enough. I moved here for a safe haven because non-byu housing does not offer that. Bella is wanting to re sign her contract, but I do not want to live with someone who discards the honor code (and breaks the law) constantly, and Morgan who does the same. Morgan is gone most of the time, but when she is here it is constant drama and she would be the one who allowed her 17 year old friend to come and "party".  When Morgan was confronted about the party she got very angry.

My request is not to move apartments, because this is not my problem, I have moved enough, but have the problem removed from the apartment. I know this may sound extremely religious, but the spirit does not reside here anymore, and my spirituality and sanity are suffering because of it. There are many more problems but most do not breach the honor code.

I will be coming in at 10AM to speak with someone as well, I do not know what else to do other than to email you. I just wanted you to be aware of the situation before I came in to speak with someone.

Thank you for your concern.

Jenna





So after sending this letter, filling out a report, as well as Margari, Mariah and my Mom- the girls were sent a letter for eviction. They both instantly blamed Mariah and myself. I was confronted today from Morgan, she said that if I had a problem with her I should have came to her, but the thing is, and I told her this, that Margari said to her the next day that she didn't want alcohol in the apartment and she told her that she paid rent and she would do what ever the hell she wanted. Wrong. I moved to BYU housing to be free of crap like that. I told her that if she wanted to play the part of an adult then she needed to act like one, and quit putting us all at risk of losing our apartment. We talked (I talked at her basically) for about 30 minutes. Finally she was done and walked away. 


Then I had a meeting with Nina the landlord and my bishop and basically it sounded like this was my fault.. that I was at fault too. I was SO upset after meeting with my bishop, and while walking home I twisted my ankle, fell and hurt my toe, and back (like I need another back injury).. When I walked in the door, music was blaring that was "F this, F that" and I asked Bella to turn it down, she ignored me. I asked her a 3rd time, and she turned around and said, "Don't F*****g talk to me". I flipped out, it turned into a screaming match. She is a child.. a immature child with a LOT to learn. She is a home wrecker- sleeping with married men, and having relations with women as well, she still does drugs, she still drinks.. and the thing is she says she is repentant.. everyone says that. Amazing that she called Mariah and I "Bitches" as we were walking out the door. I confronted her about that too. I was so mad.. I almost hit her.. it was all I could do in my power not to hit her. She is a liar and a manipulator- she has everyone fooled except for me. 


But I got my way, and she is out. I hope she reads this, I really do. I recorded while she was screaming and cussing. it was fantastic haha. Oh well. If she slips up one more time, she is out. I hope she does, I hope she slips up so bad that no one can hide it for her. 


This is bitter I know.. but I don't care. I hate disrespectful people. So that was my day.. full of drama drama drama.  It is time to go to bed, but I just wanted this on my blog.. whew.


xoxo