Thursday, December 8, 2011

Do Work!

So yesterday I finally received my Gold's Gym membership from work. 1 full year paid for. It is AMAZING! So I have been pretty sick lately with this cold thing, and I left work early. My friend Shannon got off at 3 so I met her at the gym just to go into the steam room or the sauna to open up my head. When I got there I realized that I have a gym membership.. a full one, so I should work out. What a refresher! My legs felt like jello by the time I left but I was so energized. So this morning at 6:15 AM I woke up and called Shannon, we met at the gym at 6:30 and worked out. I stayed about an hour and did a fast pace walk, biked, and used the elliptical. I quit drinking coffee over a year ago, and this is a good replacement for being lethargic in the morning. Get it! :)


I met with my nutritionist on Tuesday and set up my eating plan for after my surgery. She also went over some things that I can start doing before the surgery to help me prepare for the mental anguish that I am going to go through. Even though we don't realize it, we all have emotional attachments to food and those barriers need to be broken down before we go through something traumatic. 


I am not getting to go home for Christmas, and I have to say I am really sad about it. However, it will be good to see my Mom next month. My childhood friend Chachi is flying up from Arizona too hopefully. She had the surgery 2 years ago, so she knows what to expect. 


I have a super busy day today though! After I left the gym I was going to go to the temple, but I soon realized I will not have enough time to do a session so, my friend Becky is coming over to hang out, then at 11 I have a meeting with my attorney.. then I am going to the temple. At 5:30 I am meeting with some amazing friends :) All in all today is going to be an amazing day! I mean honestly, how can it not when I started at 6:30 with a workout? 


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment