Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 5

Today is day 5 of my liquid diet. 5 days with NO solid food in my system. I knew this would be hard, I just didn't realize how hard. Right now I am drinking Muscle Milk, Adkins shakes, Ensure, and other high protein liquids. It has been pretty intense. Tasty, but intense haha.


Tuesday I left work at 1pm to head up to Salt Lake City to visit some friends and before I left work I realized that I was running a low grade fever and feeling kinda sick, so I went anyway and attempted to feel better- no such luck. As time went on I felt worse and worse. I canceled my "Last Supper" as in the last real meal before my liquid diet started. I was devastated. So the next morning, my fever was even higher and I felt worse than the night before, so I called into work- I also called in on Wednesday and that afternoon I went to the doctor. Funny story about that visit. The nurse looks in my throat and says, "Oh, it looks like your tonsils are a little swollen.." I was really confused, you see, I had my tonsils removed when I was 15. So the doctor comes in the room and looks and says, well you have more tissue than what you should have for having your tonsils removed. I asked her what exactly does that mean.. she says, "Well they can come back.. rare but it can happen." Great. She ran some more tests and I should find out in a couple of days what is exactly going on. 


So today is Sunday, and I am still sick. I was running a fever of almost 101 last night, and again today. I am just praying that I am better before my surgery or I can't get it. :( I called Rob last night and had him to come give me a blessing. I am so thankful for the Priesthood.. I honestly do not know where I would be today without it. 


On to other things.. My mom will be here in 8 days! I am so excited to see her! It will be good to hug her neck again. This will be her 3rd trip to Utah, she is becoming a pro at flying west lol!!! So the next week will be full of doctors visits and meetings- Fun times! I am just praying that my roommates will help me keep this apartment clean. I cleaned up everyone else's messes yesterday and I would REALLY appreciate it staying clean. I don't want to live in a pig sty and I don't want to worry with it after my surgery. I wish everyone would clean up after themselves like I do. It will be nice to live on my own again eventually. I am actually thinking I may try to find somewhere else to live. I have lived in so many different places since I moved to Utah.. and I hate that.. I hate moving, and I love my ward but if it does not get better soon then I am going to have to find different living conditions- I can't live in a constant mess- its not fair for me to bust my tail cleaning and no one appreciates it enough to clean up after themselves. I trip on things in the hallway nearly on a daily basis, and my living room has been uninhabitable for the last couple of weeks. Finally you can walk in my apartment and feel at home... praying it just stays that way. 


I was able to spend time with Becky recently which is nice. I miss living with her! She was the best roommate ever! and super clean! :) 





Oh and here are some random pictures of Shannon and I.. hahahahaha


I wanted to post a couple pictures of my new car! It is so pretty! It is a 2007 Chevy Cobalt. I have to admit, it is a beast!!! I love it!








All of this food.. I am dying hahaha.. just kidding.. not really dying but a piece of the pizza on the counter sounds fantastic. NO. No no no.... I have to stop this. 


Anyway, so that is pretty much my week so far. Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment