Thursday, February 23, 2012

My New Start

So I had my surgery on Wednesday, February 15th. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and I was back in surgery about 7:30 or 8. I can't quite remember. I was weighed that morning and my weight before my liquid diet was 275, and on the day of surgery it was 266. When I was wheeled into the operating room, I was still fully awake and I looked over and saw the table full of the instruments that would be used on me. Instant panic attack. Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. I was so sore.. oh so sore. Like I had been beaten from head to toe. My surgeon said that the surgery was "text book" meaning, it went perfectly and I was the perfect candidate for the surgery. Everything was going really well, I was starving but I mean who wouldn't be? That day I had to swallow this nasty liquid stuff in radiology to check for leaks, once I was given the OK, I was back in my room. I was on clear liquids for the first two days, then I was on the phase 2 diet, which was full liquids meaning protein shakes, puddings ect.





 3 days later I was running a fever, so they decided to keep me another night. After a couple of tests it was concluded that my bowels were not working, and that they needed them to before I was to go home. I was so scared, because I didn't know exactly what they meant.. and what harm this could do to me. So I did the one thing I could think of, and called some friends for a blessing. Within an hour, my bowels were moving- what a miracle. I was so happy.


I was kept one more extra day, total of 5 days and then on Monday I was sent home. I did pretty well that day, until that night, and I was in a lot of pain. I am not going into detail because it hurts just to think about it, but just know if I was ever on the brink of death, it would have been on Monday night. So now I am up moving around, at first I needed help bathing and what not, but now I am doing great. I am still on my phase 2 diet, but the craziest thing is that those 2 ounces that I get actually fill me up! It is fantastic! I love it.. and I weighed myself today and I am down to 250!!! So I have lost 16 lbs since surgery! How crazy is that? I am loving this so much! It is hard, don't get me wrong.. I still want cheese fries, but until I can have normal food, this is doing me just fine. It will be so nice to actually buy clothes at normal stores! :) I have tons of friends that are planning on sharing some clothes with me until I get to my normal size so that is exciting. 


When I came home my roommates had made me a banner, and colored me a picture that now hangs on my wall next to the drawings of the rest of my roommates. Everyone calls my mom, Momma. As they should :) She is the best.



I couldn't have done anything with out the help of my Momma.. she is my rock, always has been.. I am so happy she came to stay with me. Mariah was there every day as well.. she was such a help to momma and myself. I don't think she quite knows how much she blesses both of our lives. So many people came to visit me! It was nice to see members of my ward, my friends come to just check on me. Danny brought me flowers on day 1.. such a nice surprise! Mariah also got me flowers!


My visitors consisted of Becky, Rob, Matt, Brian, Megan, Katie, Aly, Shannon, Gloria, Bryce, Jaelynn, David, Liz, Esteban, Melanie, Brother Gersbach, Brother Tribe, Brian W., Felix, and I think that is it. If I forgot someone.. Im sorry!! You will have to forgive me, think about all of the meds I am on haha I have an excuse. 


This is the day before my surgery. 








So, Momma leaves tomorrow. I am so sad. Having her here makes me miss home so much more. I would give anything if she could move here. :( I go back to work this Wednesday. I am really sad about that too. It is nice just hanging out with my momma and not working. I know tomorrow is going to be so hard on me... I am dreading it so much right now. Gosh, I just feel like crying. I love her so much, I just don't want her to leave.. I wish she could just stay a few more days. It is always hard when she leaves because I don't have family here and she is my very best friend. The only person who has always been there for me no matter what. I truly have the best mom in the world. I do not know one person who's mom does for them what mine does for me. I need to stop crying, it is hurting my stomach.


Okay I am going to bed now. I have an early morning ahead of me with us needing to leave so early. Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment